Maoists have assured safety of abducted officials: Orissa Home Secretary

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bhubaneswar, Feb 20(ANI): Orissa Home Secretary U. N. Behera on Sunday said that the Maoists have assured the safety of the abducted officials during a meeting between the state government and the insurgent group.

"They have assured us that both collector and the junior engineer are safe. They are fine. They have assured us of that (their safety) and we are now doing the process of discussing," Behera said.

He further said that the talks are still going on between the Maoists and the interlocutors.

"So whether they (Maoists) will move or somebody else would move, that would be decided separately decided by them (Maoists). But we are in the process of discussion," Behera said.

A group of Maoists had abducted Malkangiri District Collector R.V. Krishna and Junior Engineer Pabitra Majhi from Chitrakonda area on February 16.

The Maoists had earlier sent a note through a junior engineer accompanying Krishna demanding immediate halt to Operation Green Hunt and release of jailed Maoists. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...