New Delhi, Feb 16 (PTI) A top official of CWGOrganising Committee R K Sacheti was today questioned by theCBI over his alleged involvement in financial irregularitiesin the conduct of mega sporting event.
CBI officials said that Sacheti, OC Joint DirectorGeneral and an aide of Suresh Kalmadi, was called in thisafternoon and quizzed for about two hours on contractsexecuted with private vendors and other matters connected tothe Commonwealth Games held in October last year.
They said the OC official was asked to clarify hisrole in several contracts mainly related to overlays, hiringequipment and grant of work to a London-based company inconnection with Queen''s Baton Relay in 2009.
CBI officials said he was questioned on certainfinancial transactions made with CWG contractors andappointment of workforce for the conduct of the sportingextravaganza.
Union Sports Ministry has sacked Suresh Kalmadi andLalit Bhanot from the post of Chairman and Secretary Generalin the OC to allow a fair probe.
The CBI has also arrested Shekhar, Personal Assistantof Kalmadi, in connection with the scam.
The CBI had earlier conducted raids at the residencesof Kalmadi, Bhanot, Sacheti and Sangeeta Welingkar, member ofthe Games Image and Look Group.
The investigating agency has filed three FIRs inconnection with alleged irregularities in the Games.
The CBI had filed two FIRs for the contracting of AMFilms and cars/vans for the Baton Relay ceremonies by the OCin London. It arrested Joint Director General T S Darbari andDeputy Director General Sanjay Mohindroo for their allegedcomplicity in these deals.
Former OC head Kalmadi was also grilled by the CBI inconnection with the scam.