London, Feb 13 (ANI): A Scout troop in Britain has been slammed after it staged the mock kidnapping of Prince William's bride-to-be Kate Middleton by terrorists.
Almost 300 children in Amersham, Bucks, watched in horror as the royal bride-to-be, played by an older scout, was dragged away from her prince by balaclava clad gang, reports the Daily Mail.
Prince William, also played by an older scout, then appealed to the youngsters, aged between 11 and 15, to help him find his future queen.
The 12-mile orienteering event was aimed at teaching young people how to read maps.
However, the exercise was slammed and branded 'inappropriate'.
"I'm horrified that something like this has taken place. I don't know any details about it but it does sound inappropriate," said Ros Aitken from Amersham Town Council.
Event organiser Brian Shelley jumped to the defence of the task, which saw teams of scouts hunt for clues during the 12-mile trek.
"I don't think it was inappropriate. The scouts loved it and found it very amusing," he said.
"We came up with the idea as we wanted to mark the Royal Wedding - nobody mentioned any issues with it," he added.
However, Aitken has expressed her disapproval of the event.
"The subject of a mock kidnapping of anybody, let alone Kate Middleton, who is soon to be a member of the Royal Family, is not very good judgment in my opinion," she said.
"I was really very surprised when I heard what they had done, particularly because of the current climate. I think it is just inappropriate at this time," she added.
The 'Taking of Prince Harry', a dramatised documentary based on what would happen if Prince Harry were to be taken prisoner while serving in Afghanistan, has previously been branded 'distasteful'. (ANI)