Islamabad, Feb 13(ANI): Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said double murder-accused US official Raymond Davis' file has not been tampered with.
Speaking to media persons at the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Headquarters, Malik said the Interior Ministry had made no changes in the visa record of Davis, who confessed to shooting dead two Pakistani men in Lahore last month, allegedly in 'self-defence'.
Davis' passport was in the possession of the Punjab Government, while the Interior Ministry also had his records, said Malik, adding that the file would be presented only on the order of the High Court."I have a record of his passport and visa and the file is with my secretary and we will present it to the High Court whenever it is required," the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
Malik also said Davis had come to Pakistan on a diplomatic passport, and stressed that no diplomat had the permission to carry illegal weapons, adding that the Interior Ministry had already issued a clear direction about it.
He also emphasised that the accused US national could not leave Pakistan under present circumstances.
"Davis's name has been placed on Exit Control List (ECL) and he cannot travel aboard", The Nation quoted the Interior Minister, as saying.
Despite the US insisting that Pakistan should free Davis as he is entitled to "full immunity from criminal prosecution by Pakistan" under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 1961, he was remanded in judicial custody for 14 days on Friday, with the next hearing due on February 25. (ANI)