Lucknow, Feb 13 (PTI) Hashim Ansari, the oldestlitigant in the Ayodhya title suit, today said he has decidedto file an appeal in the Supreme Court tomorrow against thehigh court''s verdict as all efforts by him to find anout-of-the-court settlement have failed.
"As all the attempts have failed, I have no optionsleft but to file the special leave petition in Supreme Court",90-year-old Ansari told PTI over phone from Ayodhya.
Asked what prompted the change of stand, Ansari, whohas been in favour of an out-of-the court settlement said,"kya karein majboori hai" (what can I do, its compulsionnow)".
"I never wanted the nation to face any loss because ofthe Babri Masjid verdict but the parties in the oppositionwant to divide the country and that I will not tolerate," hesaid.
Member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board(AIMPLB) and lawyer Zafaryab Jilani said Ansari''s appeal willbe based on the same grounds taken by the Sunni Central WaqfBoard.
Besides Ansari, three parties --Sunni Waqf Board,Hafiz Siddique and Mirzauddin - have already approached theSupreme Court against the Allahabad High Court''s decisiondelivered on September 30 last year.
Bhagwan Shir Ramlala, Nirmohi Akhara and HinduMahasabha had also moved the apex court.
The Allahabad High Court has reserved orders in therevision petition moved by one Ismail Farooqui, who soughtreview of the September 30 verdict.
"After arguments on the petition was completed, thehigh court had fixed April 28 for the next date of hearing.
Also, the court had extended its stay on the implementation ofits verdict till May 31", Jilani said
The AIMPLB will be holding its executive meet in NewDelhi on February 27 to discuss the case.
The Allahabad High Court had ruled by a majorityverdict that the disputed land in Ayodhya be divided equallyinto three parts among Hindus and Muslims and that the placewhere the makeshift temple of Lord Ram exists belongs toHindus.