London, Feb 11 (ANI): A woman in Britain, who was almost pushed over the edge by the sound of a faulty fire alarm, is now breathing easy after discovering the sound had been made by a parrot in her garden.
Shanna Sexton, 25, from Torquay, Devon, was driven to distraction after the sound went on non-stop for seven days, and she even called in workmen to try and locate the problem.
"I'd been hearing the noise for ages. I looked around the house checking everything. I even pulled out the washing machine," the Telegraph quoted Sexton as saying.
"In the end a workman said it sounded like it may be my smoke alarm. We had problems with our smoke alarm before and I thought 'here we go again'.
"It was driving me mad but I just could not find out where it was coming from," she stated.
The problem was solved when one day as she was hanging out washing in the garden she saw an African Grey Congo parrot perched on a water butt.
Sammi the parrot had escaped from her neighbour Louise Ledger's house a week earlier, flying out of the front door as she returned home from a shopping trip.
Sexton realised it was the missing three-year-old parrot from posters that Ledger had put up around the neighbourhood.
Ledger, 38, had been distraught and had spent hours searching for her beloved pet.
"Sammi is now home safe and sound and he has not stopped yapping since," she said.
"I am over the moon. I am going to give Shanna a huge bunch of flowers. When I found out where he has I could not have got there any faster.
"He is always picking up funny noises from anywhere and everywhere. I think he must have heard me burning the toast once as he does mimic the smoke alarm noise," she added. (ANI)