In 2011, the tablet market has been witnessing highly sophisticated tablets from different manufactures like Samsung, Motorola, Asus etc. We are still waiting for Motorola Xoom and of course, for Apple iPad 2. But, gadget lovers always have trust on HP and it will be the plus point for the new tablet.
New HP TouchPad has 9.7-inch XGA capacitive display, which is exactly the size of Apple iPad. When the Motorola Xoom offers a 10.1-inch screen and the upcoming Dell tablet also promises 10-inch screen, HP stayed back with 9.7-inch screen.
HP TouchPad runs on webOS 3.0 powered with dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 processor which makes it a perfect Xoom-Killer. This tablet offers a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video calls, but no camera at rear!
Other features on the TouchPad tablet include Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, USB port and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support.
HP Palm TouchPad Specifications:
* 9.7-inch multitouch screen
* XGA capacitive 1024 x 768 pixel resolution
* HP webOS 3.0
* Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2-GHz processor
* 1.3 MP front camera
* Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP
* Beats Audio sound technology
* Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support
* Micro USB port
* 3.5 mm headset/headphone/microphone jack
* Built-in HP Touchstone technology
* Dimensions - 190 mm x 242 mm x 13.7 mm
* Weight - approximately 740 g
* 6300mAh battery
This new tablet will be available in three versions, TouchPad Wi-Fi, TouchPad Wi-Fi+3G and TouchPad Wi-Fi+LTE. HP has not yet announced the price of HP TouchPad Tablet. It is expected that this new tablet will hit the US market later in summer this year. The price and launch in India are not yet announced.