Jalandhar, Feb 7 (PTI) A major fire broke out in ashoe factory here this morning but there were no casualties.
However, goods worth lakhs of rupees were destroyedin the blaze which was still raging, officials said.
The fire erupted in the factory, located in Kapurthalaroad, early in the morning, they said, adding firefighterswere still battling the flames.
An electrical short circuit triggered the fire inwhich goods worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed, factoryowner Satish Kumar said.
Police said they were still ascertaining the exactcause of the fire.