HC rejects Etisalat official''s plea for early hearing

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Feb 7 (PTI) The Delhi High Court today rejectedthe plea of the India Director of Etisalat DB Telecom, whichfaces probe in 2G spectrum scam, for an early disposal of hispetition claiming Maharashtra government and IntelligenceBureau(IB) found no evidence against him of alleged link withunderworld don Dawood Ibrahim.

Justice S Muralidhar dismissed an application filed byShahid Usman Balwa seeking the court to prepone the hearing ofhis petition which was fixed for March 7.

The UAE-based Etisalat DB Telecom company, earlierknown as Swan Telecom, is facing CBI and ED probes in 2Gspectrum allocation scam.

Filing an application, Balwa claimed the Anti-terrorSquad of Mumbai police and IB, after a thorough inquiry, havefound no documents against him and despite the report theCentre has failed to file any affidavit so far.

Seeking the court to allow his plea for a restraint onthe Centre from making any allegation of linking him withDawood Ibrahim, Balwa said that due to such allegations hehas been facing huge embarrassment in social and businesscircles.

"In view of the newspaper reporting false and incorrectallegations made against him, I am facing embarrassment insocial and and business circle...As a result of wrongful anddefamatory allegations, grave prejudice and loss is beingcaused to me," Balwa said in the application.

Balwa further stated that due to the allegations againsthim, some banks have cancelled the loan sanctioned to hiscompany and also withdrawn the credit facilities sanctioned tohis companies promoted by the petitioner.

Please Wait while comments are loading...