Motorola Xoom, which crowned as the Best Gadget at 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), will be the first tablet available in the market with Honeycomb OS. This new tablet has a 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels. It is powered with Nvidia Tegra 2 dual core processor which can deliver up to 2GHz of power.
According to the ad, for using the WiFi functionality on Xoom, users have to activate atleast one month minimum data subscription from Verizon in United States. It is expected that Xoom will get Verizon's ultra-fast LTE 4G upgradation soon.
Motorola Xoom specifications:
* 10.1-inch 1280×800 resolution display
* Android Honeycomb 3.0 OS
* Nvidia Tegra 2 dual core processor
* Dual Cameras
* 5 MP rear-facing camera with dual LED flash
* 2 MP front-facing camera
* 1GB RAM
* 32 GB inbuilt memory
* Micro SD support
* Wi-Fi 2.4GHz & 5GHz 802.11b/g/n
* Bluetooth 2.1
* 3.5mm audio jack
* micro USB 2.0 HS
* 730 g weight
* 249.1mm (h) x 167.8mm (w) x 12.9mm (d) - dimension
* AAC, AAC+, AMR NB, AMR WB, MP3, XMF support
* 10 hour video playback - battery
Motorola has not yet announced the release date of Xoom tablet in India. But it is expected that this Honeycomb tablet will soon hit Indian markets as the other brands also planning to launch more tablets based on Honeycomb OS. The expected price of Motorola Xoom in India is between Rs 35,000 to Rs 40,000. Stay tuned for more updates.