Cairo, Feb 6 (ANI): The Egyptian Government has reportedly decided to hold talks with the opposition Muslim Brotherhood, possibly on Sunday. Vice President Omar Suleiman will lead the talks with the intention of bringing the political unrest in the country to an end.
Xinhua quoted Muslim Brotherhood officials as saying that Suleiman will meet its members in the Egyptian cabinet premises.
They said the topics of discussion would be focussed on power transition and the country's future.
The group, which had been rejecting the government's offer for talks, changed its mind after the top executive committee of Egypt's ruling National Democratic Party, including President Hosni Mubarak's son Gamal Mubarak, resigned on Saturday.
The resignation of the ruling party leadership was Mubarak's latest move to appease protestors demanding his resignation as president, and assuring that Gamal would not follow him into office after he resigns.
Before the Muslim Brotherhood, two other main Egyptian opposition parties, El Wafd and El Tagammu, agreed to hold talks with the new cabinet on Saturday.
Earlier, the group had said that they would not accept any dialogue before the immediate departure of Mubarak.
On Tuesday, Mubarak had announced that he did not intend to run for another term, but insisted on staying in power until his term ends after presidential elections in September. (ANI)