Yes, it is going to be a reality in Mar 2011, as Nokia set to launch its bicycle mobile charger in India soon. Company officials said that the new Nokia's bicycle charger will cost around Rs 1,499 in India. This chargers use the same dynamo mechanism which we use to light up the bicycle.
Nokia bicycle charger's dynamo will be attached to front wheel and will be charged while it rotates. The charger will give 28 minutes of talk time for 10 minutes of cycling at speeds between 6 kmph and 50 kmph. Nokia bicycle charger includes a charger, a bottle dynamo and a phone holder.
Nokia bicycle mobile charger features:
* Free and Efficient Charging from Bicycling
* Starts and stops charging when bicycle speed is 6 km/h and 50 km/h, respectively
* Reaches efficiency of a normal charger, e.g. corresponds to Nokia Compact Charger AC-3 when speed is 12 km/h
* Total charging time varies between devices
* Install and detach easily with cable ties, nuts and bolts in the sales box
* Blaster music from the mobile phone while bicycling and charging
* Check charging status from the screen of the mobile phone
* Nokia Bicycle Charger DC-14 resists humidity and dust with double insulation
* A bag protects mobile phone from humidity
* Bottle dynamo has a robust structure
Any how, in a country like India, where most of the mobile users waiting for low-cost mobiles and high-end smartphones in below Rs 5,000 , its not sure how many of them buy a mobile charger alone at Rs 1,499. But, one of the positive factor for this product is that it's from India's most trusted brand Nokia.