Guilty will not be spared in Adarsh scam: Antony

New Delhi, Jan 31 (ANI): Defence Minister A K Antony on Monday said appropriate action will be taken against all those held guilty as per the findings of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the Adarsh Housing society scam.

"The CBI has given the report to the Mumbai High Court. Let it come out, and let them give their official report to our ministry, and then we will examine the details. We are very serious; that is why we only referred this matter to the CBI," Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.

"It shows ministry is very serious about the matter. Whoever is found guilty, we will take action," he added.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had on Saturday filed an FIR in the case. The FIR named former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan along with 12 others.

The developments came after the Bombay High Court pulled up the CBI last week for its slow investigation into the case.

The High Court had asked the CBI to complete its probe into the Adarsh housing society scam in two weeks. The CBI had also been asked to take a decision on filing FIRs in the case.

The Adarsh scam claimed its first victim last year in the form of former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who was forced to resign after reports surfaced that his kin owned flats in the society.

After Chavan, top bureaucrats too faced the axe, most notably among them being Maharashtra's Chief Information Commissioner Ramanand Tiwari and Human Rights Commissioner Subhash K Lalla.

The 31-storey Adarsh Housing Society, originally meant for Kargil war heroes, landed in controversy after media reports said that several politicians, bureaucrats and defence personnel owned flats there. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...