Kushinagar, Jan 29 (PTI) Five children were todaytaken ill after consuming meat of a dead owl in Kasia area,officials said here.
Akshay (3), Rekha (6), Nisha (5), Arjun (4) and HarishChandra (3) complained of vomiting and nausea in Sakhoparvillage this morning, after which they were rushed to thenearest health centre, they said.
The children were later admitted to the districthospital, where their condition was stated to be serious,they said.
The children yesterday consumed roasted meat of a deadowl, which they found in the orchard, they said.
"Condition of all the five children is serious and itsa case of food poisoning," chief medical superintendent P KPathak said.