Apple has partnered with state run service provider Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) to provide iPad to Indians at an attractive price. BSNL announced that it will launch a micro-SIM card for the iPad. And more over, BSNL also announced 3G data plans for iPad which is lower than their open market rates.
BSNL iPad 3G Data Plans:
* Rs 99 - Unlimited - 1 day (pre-paid)
* Rs 599 - 6 GB - 30 days (pre-paid)
* RS 999 - Unlimited - 30 days (pre-paid)
* Unlimited usage with Rs 999 fixed monthly charge + Rs 100 activation charge (post-paid)
Apple iPad Price in India:
* Apple iPad 16GB WiFi - Rs 27,990
* Apple iPad 32GB WiFi - Rs 32,900
* Apple iPad 64GB WiFi - Rs 37,900
* Apple iPad 16GB WiFi + 3G - Rs 34,900
* Apple iPad 32GB WiFi + 3G - Rs 39,900
* Apple iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G - Rs 44,900
Private service providers, Airtel and Vodafone also announced the launch micro-SIM card for the iPad. But it's not clear that how Indians accept Apple iPad when rest of the world waiting for iPad 2 with more exciting features and advanced specifications.