The new version Android 3.0 Honeycomb is exclusively made for tablet PCs that makes it an much anticipated operating system of 2011. Earlier at 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Google showcased its exciting features and advanced specifications.
On Friday, Jan 28, Google sent out invitations to journalists for their special event. The invitation also includes the new logo for the operating system - an Android-like honeybee. Honeycomb launch will pave way for the emerge of several tablets running on this platform. The much awaited gadget is Motorola Xoom tablet, which is regarded as a Apple iPad killer.
Android Honeycomb features:
* Totally revamped User Interface
* High-performance 2D and 3D graphics
* Multiple home-screens
* Multicore processor architectures support
* Redesigned widget gallery
* Exciting multimedia features
* New types of connectivity
* Enhancements for enterprise
* New web browser (looks like Google Chrome)
* Google eBooks application with flipping animations
* New Gmail Application
* Google Talk with video chat support (works on all OSes!)
* Google Maps 5.0 with 3D panning
Android Honeycomb will help tablet manufactures to create better products with attractive features like multi touch and video chats. Currently most of the tablets run on Android Froyo or other operating system which were basically developed for smartphones.
Currently, more than seventy percent of tablet market is controlled by Apple iPad. But with the launch different Android tablets like Samsung Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, Asus etc, Apple has been facing intense competition and their market share decreased in last three months. Now, the technology giant Apple is planning to launch iPad 2 with dual cameras and powerful processor.