Even though, Apple had launched iPad in 2010, Steve Jobs' company decided to make its official entry to India, second populated country in the world, after a long interval of one year. Now, the Indian youths will be delighted with the world's most popular tablet PC, while most of the other countries are waiting for the rumored second version of iPad with more exciting features.
Apple iPad is regarded as the most popular tablet PC as it controls more than eighty percent of the tablet market. But in recent times, Apple has been facing intense competition from other manufactures like Motorola, Samsung and Dell. Motorola Xoom with Android Honeycomb OS, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Dell Streak with another Android OS have made it difficult for iPad to control the market.
Apple iPad Specifications:
* 9.7-inch LED Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
* 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch
* 1GHz Apple A4 custom-designed, high-performance
* Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
* 16GB, 32GB or 64GB flash drive models
* Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
* Up to 10 hours video playback
* Dock connector port
* 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
* Built-in speaker
* Micro SIM card tray (Wi-Fi + 3G model only)
Apple iPad Price in India:
* Apple iPad 16GB WiFi - Rs 27,990
* Apple iPad 32GB WiFi - Rs 32,900
* Apple iPad 64GB WiFi - Rs 37,900
* Apple iPad 16GB WiFi + 3G - Rs 34,900
* Apple iPad 32GB WiFi + 3G - Rs 39,900
* Apple iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G - Rs 44,900
Anyhow, according to the rumor mills, Apple is all set to launch the iPad 2 with dual cameras, a higher resolution 'retina' display and a faster processor. It is expected that Apple will launch iPad 2 by Apr 2011. Now, Indians expect Apple iPad 2 more a 'little' faster, at least after 6 months of the launch!