Mumbai, Jan 28 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) opposed the bail plea of the nine accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts in a special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court here on Friday.
The Anti-Terror Squad and CBI both filed their replies in the Malegaon blast case in the court.
The accused, who have been in jail for the last four years, filed for bail on January 17 after Swami Aseemanand's confession that Hindu activists carried out blasts.
The accused had told the court that there is no direct evidence of their involvement in the said offence and was only based on forcibly taken confession statement.
The accused are allegedly members of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India.
Thirty-one people were killed and another 312 injured in Malegaon blast on September 8, 2006.
Aseemanand was arrested on November 19, 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts, which all took place in the year 2007.
Aseemanand also revealed that his alleged right hand man, Sunil Joshi, who was murdered in mysterious circumstances in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007, was behind the Malegaon bombing of September 2006.
Aseemanand had earlier spilled the beans on RSS leader Indresh's alleged connections with terror acts. (ANI)