Mathura, Jan 25 (PTI) A major blaze today broke out in aplastic factory here and seven fire tenders were pressed intoservice to douse the flames.
"Seven fire tenders were pressed into service to dousethe fire that took place at a factory that produces rawmaterials for manufacturing plastic," City Magistrate RamAvtar said.
"Short-circuit in the factory godown caused the blaze.
Prima facie the unit has not followed the fire safetynorms," he said.
Goods worth rupees several lakh were destroyed in thefire, he said, adding that the exact amount is yet to beascertained.
A meeting of factory owners will be called shortly toensure that safety norms were adhered to in future, Avtarsaid.