Fire at district court record room, records gutted

Rajkot, Jan 25 (PTI) A major fire broke out at Rajkotdistrict court''s record room today, in which court records andimportant documents were gutted, fire brigade sources said.

The fire broke out this afternoon at the districtcourt''s record room located in Koti Compound area near civilhospital chowk, sources said adding that most of the documentsand records kept in the record room were gutted in the fire,which was brought under control by six fire tenders.

However no casualties were reported, sources said.

The cause of the fire was not immediately known, butthe fire brigade officers suspected that short-circuit couldbe the reason, sources added.

Please Wait while comments are loading...