Damocles' sword still hangs atop Rajesh Talwar

Aarushi Talwar
New Delhi, Jan 21: A special CBI court after hearing over Aarushi Talwar murder case in Ghaziabad on Friday, Jan 21 dismissed an application of Rajesh Talwar seeking the annexures submitted by the probe agency along with the closure report. The court said it will hold further hearing in the case on Jan 25.

The courtroom, earlier in the day, witnessed heated exchanges between the counsel for CBI and those appearing for the parents of Aarushi Talwar after the agency opposed their plea for copies of documents submitted by it along with the closure report.

The CBI claimed that Aaruhi's father Rajesh is still an accused in the case and could not afford him to access through the closure report.

"These (documents) cannot be supplied. Uttar Pradesh police arrested him and hence technically or legally he is an accused till the court discharges or acquits him," CBI counsel RK Saini said.

Talwar's counsel Satish Tamta objected to his client being called as an accused and said, “the court had observed last time that nobody is an accused at this stage. We are here in the capacity of first informant. We are not demanding copies of the case diary."

“I don't want the case to be closed. If I get the CFSL report I can help the court," he added. He also accused CBI for their uncooperative attitude.

Meanwhile, Fatehchand Sharma, counsel for three servants who were earlier arrested in the case, supported the CBI and said Rajesh is an accused like them and hence should not be given any documents.

OneIndia News
(With inputs from PTI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...