Centre sanctions over Rs 350 cr for Himachal under IWMP

Written by: Pti
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Dharamsala, Jan 20 (PTI) The Central Government hassanctioned 44 projects worth over Rs 350 crores under theIntegrated Watershed Management Programme to all districts ofHimachal Pradesh for 2010-11.

A total area of 2,37,651 hectares would be covered underthe programme and an amount of Rs 356.47 crores would beutilised during the project period of 4 to 7 years, stateRural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Jai Ram Thakursaid.

Under the programme, 90 per cent funds would be receivedfrom the Central Government and remaining 10 per cent will beborne by the State Government, he said.

Please Wait while comments are loading...