London, Jan 15 (ANI): A British property developer and entrepreneur, who had been banned from hosting 'sex parties' at his 20 million pounds mansion, could do so again after a judge lifted the ban.
Edward Davenport, 44, was found to have breached planning guidelines by authorities when he hired out the 110-room Westminster home for a "sex party".
Last April Westminster council discovered that the five-floor property in Portland Place, central London, had been used to host a commercial sex party, which charged 90 pounds upon arrival.
Council officials claimed the mansion, which was the former High Commission of Sierra Leone and Gambia, was wrongly being used for commercial purposes.
The council said the mansion was a residential property first and foremost, and Justice Eady imposed a ban on any more events.
But at the Court of Appeal, lawyer Juan Lopez argued that the council's allegations were flawed and granted Davenport permission to challenge the ruling.
He added that the commercial use of property in the area was rife and that the council had relied heavily on objections from an anonymous complainant, which he said his client considered to be malicious.
"A property of this size cannot be maintained as a single residential dwelling. It is not viable," the Daily Mail quoted Lopez as saying. (ANI)