London, Jan 13 (ANI): Tests have suggested that dozens of birds found dead on the outskirts of a Romanian city died from alcohol poisoning.
People in Constanta, eastern Romania, discovered the dead birds last week and scientists initially feared they had been killed by avian flu, reports the Daily Mail.
But it has now been found that the birds had died after eating grape 'marc'-the leftovers from making wine.
The head of the sanitary and veterinary authority, Dvsva, has said that analysis of the starlings' gizzards showed they had died from alcohol poisoning. (ANI)