BEST bus catches fire, one injured

Written by: Pti
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jan 13 (PTI) A 45-year-old passenger wasinjured when a public service bus running on CompressedNatural Gas today caught fire in suburban Andheri followinggas leakage, a fire brigade official said.

A BEST bus on Route Number 4 (Oshiwara to Churchgate)caught fire this morning, said fire brigade official RameshBhore.

The fire was preceded by smoke coming out of one of theCNG cylinders, and the driver immediately stopped the bus on SV Road and asked the passengers to get down.

Within a few minutes, other cylinders caught fire, andVinod Salankhi, a passenger who had got down, came in contactwith the flare-up, Bhore told PTI.

Salankhi (45) sufferred 20 per cent burn injuries and wastaken tso hospital. The bus was damaged completely. PTI VMKRK

Please Wait while comments are loading...