Youth travelling on train roof electrocuted

Written by: Pti
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Jan 11 (PTI) A 25-year-old youth travelling onthe rooftop of a local train was electrocuted in Vasai thismorning, railway officials said.

The victim Aviram Chaudhari, who was travelling in aBorivali bound local, died at around 0830 hours, they said.

"The person was electrocuted as he was travelling on therooftop of Virar-Borivali train this morning. It is really sadthat despite creating awareness about the risk of travellingon rooftop people travel on it," Western Railway Chief PROSharat Chandrayan said.

"The victim was badly burnt so we had to switch off powerto bring him down from the roof. We have informed his familymembers," Chandrayan said.

Please Wait while comments are loading...