2011 CES will be most remembered for the latest tablets running on Google Android operating system. More than 10 tablets have been surfaced during the show. Giants like Motorola, Dell, Research in Motion (RIM), Asus etc came up with their latest creations.
This year's CES also witnessed an array of 4G mobiles with high-end features. Motorola has presented three smartphones running on Android OS. Manufactures like Dell, Samsung, HTC and Motorola surfaced latest handsets with exciting multimedia features. The new trend in mobiles shows that handset makers are trying to club features of a tablet and mobile.
Another amazing wonder of CES was the new version of Google's popular operating system Android. Google demoed the Android 3.0 Honeycomb, which is exclusively designed for tablets. Motorola's Xoom and three Asus tablets will run on this new OS. It's clear that we can see more and more tablets running on Honeycomb in near future.
And now it's the time for awards. Motorola bagged two big awards, which showed their class and creativity. Motorola's Xoom tablet grabbed the much anticipated 'Best Gadget Award' without much competition. Also, its 4G powered mobile Atrix won the 'Best Smartphone Award'. Both these two products will compete with technology giant Apple's iPad and iPhone. So, let's wait and see how Apple act on this.
* Best Gadget - Motorola Xoom
* Best Notebook - Alienware 17x
* Best Ultraportable - Samsung 9 Series
* Best Smartphone - Motorola Atrix 4G
* Best App or Software - Splashtop remote for Android
* Best Camera or Camcorder - Sony HDR-TD10
* Best Storage Device - Seagate The Tiniest Goflex USB 3.0 Hard Drive
* Best Accessory - Plantronics Voyager PRO UC Version 2
* Best Car Tech - Parrot Asteroid Card Receiver
* Best Home Entertainment - Monsoon Vulkano Flow