According to the details revealed by St James Palace, Kate Middleton will travel on the wedding day in a car, which is a break in tradition. After the marriage, the couples will return to Buckingham Palace in a glass carriage along Parliament Square, Whitehall, Horse Guards Parade and The Mall.
The basic structure of the wedding day reported by BBC UK is:
* Miss Middleton will travel to Westminster Abbey by car via The
Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament Square
* The ceremony will begin at 1100 GMT
* The Dean of Westminster will conduct the service, the Archbishop of Canterbury will marry William and Kate and the Bishop of London will give the address
* After the service, the couple will travel in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace along the same route taken earlier by Miss Middleton
* There will then be a reception, hosted by the Queen, for guests from the congregation, "representing the couple's official and private lives"
* In the evening, the Prince of Wales will host a private dinner at Buckingham Palace, followed by dancing, for the couple plus close friends and family