Digvijay Singh seeks apology from media, critics after producing Karkare phone call records

New Delhi, Jan 4 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday demanded an apology from certain sections of the media and his right-wing critics after urnishing all proofs of his conversation with former ATS chief Hemant Karkare hours before he was shot dead by Pakistani terrorists in November 2008.

Releasing records of his conversation with Karkare, Singh asked Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil for an apology for saying that there was no existence of any record of the conversation between him and Karkare.

"Do not cast aspersions on people like me before such reports. I am being targeted. I was called a liar," said Singh obtaining the BSNL records to show that calls were made to 022-23087336 from his mobile number 9425015461.

Singh said he spoke on the ATS line, and now, he could prove it.

"The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), RSS and Shiv Sena had targeted me after my claims. I never said the RSS or such group was involved in 26/11," he said.

Singh further said all terror cases should be probed by one agency- NIA (National Investigation Agency, and added that post Malegaon blast the terror attacks came down.

The Congress leader had on Monday said: "Despite the fact that the BSNL does not keep a record of telephone calls for more than a year, I have got the record after I talked to some concerned people and I will be showing it to you."

Digvijay Singh had created a flutter last month by claiming that that Karkare had spoken about threats from right-wing groups during a telephonic conversation with him hours before he was killed.

"On November 26, 2008, at 7 .pm, just about two hours before the attacks in Mumbai started, Hemant Karkare, rang me on my mobile and told me how his family and his life were blighted by constant threats from people annoyed by his investigations into the Malegaon blasts," Singh told reporters.

"He was worried and he told me he was trying to trace the calls, but was depressed and worried by threats and personal attacks made in their newspapers. Karkare also told me that he was hurt that in a paper, the mouthpiece of a Hindu right-wing organization, allegations were being made that my son was minting money in Dubai, when in reality he was only a school student in Mumbai," he added. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...