According the CBI officials, the raids have been started at four places in Delhi and Pune. Commonwealth Games (CWG) organising committee's office and one close aid of kalmadi in Pune also came under CBI raids.
According the sources, CBI looked for the documents related CWG overlays at the Kalmadi's residences and two other places. Cases against CWG chief Kalmadi likely to be registered by the evening of Friday, Dec 24.
Three FIRs have already been filed against the CWG officials. The FIR against Kalmadi would be the fourth one.
The Common Wealth Games 2010 had controversy written all over it since the start in the capital. Following the controversies and tremendous pressure from the Opposition, Kalmadi was forced to resign from his post after completion of the Games.
CBI, so far, detained three of Kalmadi's close aides and CWG officials in the corruption charges and irregularities in CWG.
Kalmadi has been accused of various offenses like -
- Financial irregularities in Queen's baton in UK,
- Allowing Commonwealth Games (CWG) budget in other activities
- Doctoring e-mails from Indian High Commission
- Buying equipments like treadmills at well above market prices and several others.
- Now, it seems that only 'Santa' with his magic can 'save' CWG chief Suresh Kalmadi.