Islamabad, Dec 23 (ANI): An Anti-Terrorism Court in Pakistan heard that President Asif Ali Zardari had stopped authorities from conducting an autopsy on Benazir Bhutto's body after she was shot dead at a rally during an election campaign on December 27, 2007.
On Wednesday the court had rejected bail applications of the former City Police Officer (CPO) of Rawalpindi Saud Aziz, and former SP of Rawal Town Khurram Shahzad who are charged of being allegedly involved in the Bhutto assassination case.
During the hearing of the case at Adiala Jail, the defence council reportedly presented an audio statement of Benazir Bhutto's husband through a laptop before the court in which Zardari said, "The post-mortem of Benazir's body would not be allowed."
The ATC dismissed bail pleas of Aziz and Shehzad and ordered FIA officials to arrest both because it believed that the duo lacked in their duties by failing to conduct an autopsy on her body.
Outside the court, Special Prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar quoted the judge as saying: "This was their prime duty to carry out the post-mortem of Benazir's body after her assassination."
The Joint Investigation Team (JIT) would bring both the accused on Thursday to the court for taking their physical remand. The court has adjourned further hearing of the case till January 7 next year, the paper said.
The JIT submitted the complete challan of the Benazir Bhutto murder case on November 15 in which Aziz and Shahzad were accused of being responsible for security flaws.
Earlier this month, the ATC issued warrants for the arrest of both the officials for their failure in protecting Benazir Bhutto, but they got temporary bails on depositing surety bonds of Rs100, 000 each. (ANI)