Pyongyang (North Korea), Dec 21(ANI): North Korea has said that it "was not worth reacting" to the latest "military provocation" by South Korea.
Air raid bunkers in Yeonpyeong shook during the live-fire artillery exercise, which went on for just over 90 minutes, but the North Korean guns that had shelled the island after a similar drill last month stayed silent.
According to the China Daily, North's Korean People's Army Supreme Command later dismissed the drills as a "childish play with fire"."The revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK did not feel any need to retaliate against every despicable military provocation," the command said in a statement.
"We felt it was not worth reacting one-by-one to military provocations," it added.
The live-fire exercises came nearly a month after North Korea responded to earlier manoeuvres by shelling Yeonpyeong island, killing two marines and two civilians in its first attack targeting civilian areas since the 1950-53 Korean War. (ANI)