Chennai, Dec 20 (ANI): Dismissing reports of him seeking anticipatory bail, former Telecom Minister A. Raja, who has been summoned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for questioning in connection with the 2G scam, on Monday described the procedure as a natural process, and said he would continue to cooperate with the investigating agency.
"I got a message from the CBI that they wanted to question me. This is a natural procedure after they conducted raids. I am ready for questioning, and I will not evade any process of law," Raja told reporters here.
"The CBI is aware of the cooperation I have been extending and will continue to do so. I am not seeking any anticipatory bail," he added.
Earlier today, the CBI sent a notice to Raja to appear before it for questioning in connection with the 2G scam.
The move comes after the CBI raided 34 places in Delhi and Tamil Nadu on December 15 and questioned several persons informally.
Corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and former Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) Chairman Pradeep Baijal have also been summoned for questioning by the investigating agency.
The list of people the CBI is going to question this week reportedly includes Pradeep Baijal, Raja's aides R K Chandolia and A K Srivastava, Raja's brother Andimuthu Kaliaperumal, Associate Editor of 'Nakeeran' A Kamaraj and several others.
The CBI earlier searched offices of Wireless Planning Cell (WPC), the department responsible for allocating Spectrum, and the office of Deputy Director General (Access Services) of the Telecom Ministry to probe the allegations of connivance of officials with private companies in allocation of Spectrum.
Raja was forced to resign last month under considerable pressure from the Congress, which continues to be attacked in Parliament by the Opposition on corruption charges.
The 2G spectrum allocation has reportedly caused an alleged loss of Rs1.76 lakh crores to the Government, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has stated in a report. (ANI)