A new video on Google official YouTube page gives the hint that Google Maps 5.0 is running on Nexus S, manufactured by Samsung. Nexus S is working on new Android operating system Gingerbread and according to company sources, it will hit the markets on Dec 16.
The new Google Maps 5.0 allows users to view buildings in 3D, to get traffic reports and a latitude feature, which allows them to find the exact location of their friends. Other features include vector images instead of tiles and multi touch gestures.
But the real advantage is that users can cache the data for viewing it in offline mode.
Nexus S Specifications:
* 4.0 inch WVGA (800 x 480) touchscreen display
* Super AMOLED
* 5 MP camera with LED flash
* VGA camera for video calling
* Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
* Android User Interface
* 1GHz Cortex A8 (Hummingbird) processor
* 16 GB internal memory
* 512 MB RAM
* Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
* Tri-band HSPA: 900, 2100, 1700
* HSPA type: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) HSUPA (5.76Mbps)
* Bluetooth 2.1
* WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
* USB 2.0
* 3.5mm headphone jack
* Near Field Communications (NFC)
* Contour Display
* Assisted GPS (A-GPS)
* Three-axis gyroscope
* Anti-fingerprint display coating
* Internet Calling support (VoIP/SIP)
* Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) (1500 mAH)
* 6 hours talktime
* 428 hours standby
* Dimensions -63.0 mm (w) X 123.9 mm (h) X 10.88 mm (d)
* Weight 129.0 grams
Google Nexus S will be available in T-Mobile at $199 with a 2-year contract and the unlocked version for $529.99 with no contract.