Chennai, Dec 11 (ANI): Former Telecom Minister A. Raja has said he will cooperate with the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to prove his innocence in the 2G scam.
" I will fully cooperate with the CBI. Whatever be the procedure, I have to comply with it," Raja told reporters here.
"No one is above scrutiny. I am ready for any procedure. If anything is needed by CBI, I will cooperate," he addedOn December 8, the CBI raided the residences of Raja and four officials in connection with the scam in Delhi and Chennai.
The raids were carried out at the residences of former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura, member Telecom K Sridhar, Deputy Director General, Department of Telecom, AK Srivastava and RK Chandolia.
The CBI has earlier searched offices of Wireless Planning Cell (WPC), the department responsible for allocating Spectrum, and the office of Deputy Director General (Access Services) of the Telecom Ministry to probe the allegations of connivance of officials with private companies in allocation of Spectrum.
The Supreme Court, which is hearing various cases related to the 2G scam, had come down heavily on the CBI recently, asking why it had not questioned Raja even though the report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) faulted him for under-valuing the 2G spectrum.
The apex court had also asked why officials who would have been in the know, like the former Telecom Secretary, had not been questioned. It also asked Raja why he had overruled the Prime Minister on 2G spectrum.
Raja was forced to resign last month under considerable pressure from the Congress, which continues to be attacked in Parliament by the Opposition on corruption charges.
The 2G spectrum allocation has reportedly caused an alleged loss of Rs1.76 lakh crores to the Government, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has stated in a damning report. (ANI)