The new Google Nexus S smartphone is manufactured by world's second largest mobile phone maker, Samsung. The new phone offers unique feature, Near Field Communication, which helps users to make a payment by waving a device over an electronic reader.
The Nexus S smartphone runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and is powered by 1 GHz Hummingbird processor. It comes with a massive 4-inch WVGA touchscreen display and a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash. The front facing VGA camera offers video calling facility.
This new phone offers 512 MB RAM and 16GB internal memory with micro SD support upto 32 GB. The new Gingerbread OS makes this phone one of the fastest device in the handset market.
Other features include Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, Internet Calling and copy-and-paste functions.
Nexus S Specifications:
* 4.0 inch WVGA (800 x 480) touchscreen display
* Super AMOLED
* 5 MP camera with LED flash
* VGA camera for video calling
* Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
* Android User Interface
* 1GHz Cortex A8 (Hummingbird) processor
* 16 GB internal memory
* 512 MB RAM
* Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
* Tri-band HSPA: 900, 2100, 1700
* HSPA type: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) HSUPA (5.76Mbps)
* Bluetooth 2.1
* WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
* USB 2.0
* 3.5mm headphone jack
* Near Field Communications (NFC)
* Contour Display
* Assisted GPS (A-GPS)
* Three-axis gyroscope
* Anti-fingerprint display coating
* Internet Calling support (VoIP/SIP)
* Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) (1500 mAH)
* 6 hours talktime
* 428 hours standby
* Dimensions -63.0 mm (w) X 123.9 mm (h) X 10.88 mm (d)
* Weight 129.0 grams
Google announced that the new Nexus smartphone will be available in United States market by Dec 16. The unlocked version and the T-Mobile service plan also will be available. Nexus will cost $199 with a service plan or $529 without.
The availability and price of Nexus S phone in India are not yet announced.