The new website will be a personalized shopping experience that lets users to find and discover fashion goods, by creating their own curated boutique or through a collection of boutiques curated by taste-makers - celebrities, stylists, designers and fashion bloggers.
Boutiques uses computer vision and machine learning technology to visually analyze users taste and match it to items they would like.
Moreover, Boutiques offers a variety of features to search and discover merchandise including:
* Advanced search filters - Filter by genre, silhouette, pattern, color families and sizes.
* Inspiration photos - It provides images from streetstyle sites, and collage and styling sites to provide users with the online equivalent of styled mannequins to give user inspiration.
* Complete the Look - a tool to suggest items that match the user.
* Visual search - it analyze the photograph of an item for its color, shape and pattern and try to help user to find visually similar items.
* Boutiques on your tablet - free iPad application
Earlier in Aug 2010, Google bought the shopping comparison website, Like.com, which allowed people hunt online for bargains using pictures of clothing, handbags, shoes or other items they might desire.