We are against attack on Hajj pilgrims: Al-Qaeda

Riyadh, Nov 15: The terrorist group al-Qaeda said in a statement that it is against attacks targeting Hajj pilgrims in Mecca, after Saudi Arabian officials expressed fears of such attacks.

AQAP, the Al-Qaeda branch in Yemen on Sunday, Nov 14 posted a statement on internet saying that they are against the attacks on Hajj pilgrims.

"We assure our Islamic nation that we are against any criminal action aimed at the pilgrims," AQAP said in the statement.

Earlier on Saturday, Nov 13 Saudi Interior Minister Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz expressed the possibility of al-Qaeda attack on pilgrims.

"We cannot trust them. We do not rule out any attempt to disturb the security of the Hajj. We are ready for any act that might take place. God willing, nothing of that will happen, out of respect to this rite," Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz said.

The Hajj pilgrimage for the year 2010 will start on Monday, Nov 15.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...