New Delhi, Nov 11 (ANI): Reacting to the verdict of the Supreme Court that granted bail to former Haryana Director General of Police (DGP) SPS Rathore in the Ruchika molestation case, Ruchika's father Anand Prakash on Thursday demanding an independent inquiry where no police officers are involved in the probe said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has shielded the accused.
Anand Prakash further said they would challenge the CBI move in the case on November 25 in the Ambala Court.
"Throughout the inquiry the CBI was inclined towards favouring Rathore and his officers. The CBI is shielding the accused. We had apprised the Union Home Ministry of our apprehension and will demand an independent inquiry where no police officers are involved in the investigation," said Anand Prakash.
"All Haryana police officers are culprits and we will contest the closure report on the 25th in the Ambala Court," he added.
The Supreme Court today granted bail to SPS Rathore in view of the closure report filed by the CBI and the fact that he had already spent six months in prison.
The Supreme Court has, however, asked Rathore to deposit his passport with the CBI and not to leave the country.
Ruchika's family recently filed two other cases against Rathore, accusing him of doctoring her post-mortem report, and of torturing her brother who was arrested after her death.
The CBI on Wednesday said it had found no facts to support the allegations made by Ruchika Girhotra's family against SPS Rathore, who was serving 18-month jail sentence on charges of molesting the 14-year-old teenager in 1990. (ANI)