Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for parcel bombs

Washington, Nov 6: Al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility for the parcel bombs sent from Yemen to United States last week.

Yemen-based militant group on Friday, Nov 5 claimed responsibility for sending the two bomb packages, which were intercepted at Britain and Dubai en route US on Oct 30.

Vowing to continue striking American and Western interests, the al-Qaeda group in the Arabian Peninsula said that it would target civilian and cargo aircraft.

The private SITE Intelligence Group reported the al-Qaeda's claim of responsibility, which was not only limited to the two parcel bombs. The terror group has also claimed responsibility for the Sep 3 crash of a United Parcel Service (UPS) cargo plane in Dubai.

“We struck three blows to your aircraft within one year. Allah willing, we will continue to strike blows against American interests and the interest of America"s allies," said the al-Qaeda group said.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...