US-Headley row 'blown out of proportion': PC

New Delhi, Nov 2: Seeking to play down the row over US not sharing information on Headley prior to or after the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, Home Minister P Chidambaram said that the issue was "blown out of proportion".

Stressing that US had shared intelligence with India in the months leading to 26/11 as well as after 26/11, though the name of Headley was not mentioned, Chidambaram told the media that United States has promised to share the outcome with India the findings of a "full review" on when and what inputs it received about the Pakistan-born Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist.

"What they knew about David Headley and when they knew about that and made the connection with 26/11, it is a matter, I am told, under full review in the United States," he said.

When the US authorities would complete the full review, they would share it with India, the Home Minister asserted seeking patience from India.

"So, let's wait for that review to complete," he said.

Earlier on Oct 27, Union Home Secretary GK Pillai had sparked off the row by stating that the US did not provide specific information about David Coleman Headley, who had plotted the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...