The new Opera Mini 5.1 beta will support more than 3000 Symbian mobiles. Currently, Opera Mini 5.1 beta supports only English language but it supports old Symbian devices.
The Norwegian company Opera told that the new browser was developed keeping a wide range of Symbian phones in mind. Now it allows text input methods, scrolling on older phones and improved page loading.
Another new feature on Opera Mini 5.1 is the option to set a default access point once and for all, which puts paid to all those annoying dialogs.
New features on Opera Mini 5.1 beta
* Support for more devices than ever
* Significantly faster start-up time
* Improved page-load and scrolling performance, especially on older devices
* Full support for device text input methods
* Improved fonts
* Device integration for copy & paste, email client and more
* Option to choose default access point, no more annoying dialogs
"It is Opera"s objective to provide its users with the best possible web-surfing experience on any device. Porting Opera Mini to the Symbian operating system provides the largest user base in the smartphone world with the best mobile browsing experience," said Christen Krogh, Chief Development Officer, Opera Software.