Nov 5 - The President will depart from Washington
Nov 6 - Obama will arrive in Mumbai
Day One (Nov 6)
- The US President will first visit Taj Hotel, one of the targets of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, to remember the victims of the terror strike. He is expected to make a statement here and meet some survivors of the attack.
- He will next go to the Gandhi Museum, revealed Mr Ben Rhodes, deputy national security advisor for strategic communications.
- Obama will then move on to the business summit organised by US-India Business Council, where he will meet and greet India Inc.
12:50 pm - Air Force One will touch down at Mumbai airport
1:30 - 2:30 pm - Taj memorial service, Obama will speak on terrorism remembering the 26/11 attacks
4:30 pm - Business summit address
Day Two (Nov 7)
- Barack Obama will celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights, with Mumbai children at a local school.
- He will later interact with university students at the Town Hall. His speech will be centred around democracy and Indo-US ties.
Day Three (Nov 8)
- The US President will travel to the national capital, New Delhi, where he is expected to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, and President Pratibha Patil.
- The highlight of the day would be Obama addressing the Parliament.
- Obama's day and the trip will end with the state dinner hosted by the President of India.
9:30 am - Obama will arrive at Rashtrapati Bhawan, where he will be given a ceremonial welcome by President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
- Next stop - Rajghat, where the US President lay a wreath at Mahatma Gandhi's memorial
10:50 am - Formal talks between Manmohan Singh and Obama
11:35 am - Obama and his team will attend expanded bilateral meetings with Indian counterparts
12:20 pm - Obama will have early lunch with business leaders
1 pm - Joint press conference to be addressed by the Prime Minister and the US President Obama
3 to 3:30 pm - Obama will meet Vice President Hamid Ansari and Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj
5:30 pm - Obama will adress both the houses of the Indian Parliament
8 pm - US President will end his maiden India visit by attending a state dinner hosted by President Patil
Nov 9 - Obama will leave Delhi for Jakarta in the morning.