London, Oct 8 (ANI): Eating raw bean sprouts could be dangerous for your health, say scientists.
Researchers warned of the dangers of eating raw bean sprouts after they were linked to at least 141 recent cases of a normally rare form of salmonella, reports the Daily Express.
An old woman passed away and eight other people were taken ill in one salmonella Bareilly outbreak after eating bean sprouts at a wedding in Prestwich, Greater Manchester in August.
Professor Qutub Syed, from the North West Health Protection Agency said raw sprouts should be kept separate from other salad and cooked until "piping hot".
Infections can be particularly severe for infants, the elderly and people with impaired immune systems. (ANI)