Mumbai, Sep 28 (ANI): Authorities at Mumbai's high-security Arthur Road jail have submitted to the Bombay High Court CCTV pictures of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist of the 26/11 attack, attacking a jail official.
Special prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam has submitted security camera footage and documents to the judges to make the point that Kasab is a well-trained commando, and that allowing him to meet his lawyers without jail officials being nearby is a security risk.
Arthur Road Jail officials also believe Kasab's lawyers must have adequate security when they meet him.
Kasab's lawyer, Farhana Shah, has told the court that Kasab is uncomfortable discussing the details of his case in the presence of jail authorities.
Shah has reportedly not seen the security camera footage that shows Kasab attacking a jail official earlier this month.
Earlier, the Bombay High Court had said it would proceed with confirmation of death sentence from October 11 or 18, as it could not wait further for Kasab to file an appeal against the trial court"s order sentencing him to death for his role in the 26/11 terror attack.
A Bench headed by Justice Ranjana Desai told Farhana Shah that the 60-day period provided in law for filing an appeal had already lapsed.
The judges made it clear that they would go ahead with the confirmation of death sentence imposed on him by the lower court on a day-to-day basis from October 11 or October 18. In the meantime, Kasab can file an appeal.
On May 6, Kasab was sentenced to death for killing along with other terrorists 166 people on November 26, 2008 in Mumbai. (ANI)