The investigative agency has named former Railway Recruitment Board chairman, S M Sharma, and his son Vivek among the 15 accused.
The chargesheet of the scam related to leakage of question papers of a recruitment test, supported by more than 300 witnesses , 384 documents and hefty documentation of 5,000 pages, was filed in a special court here
“The accused have been chargesheeted for the offences of criminal conspiracy, criminal breach of trust, cheating, causing disappearance of the evidence, receiving illegal gratification and criminal misconduct," a CBI spokesman said in a release here.
“The accused persons lured and mobilised several aspirants through agents and sub-agents. They fixed the price of Rs. 3.5 lakh for Assistant Loco Pilot and Rs. four lakh for Assistant Station Master from each aspirant," he added.
The multi-crore Railways recruitment scam was busted on Jun 18 when the CBI conducted simultaneous raids in Mumbai, Bangalore, Raipur, Kolkata and Hyderabad.
The scam, which was being carried out by agents in connivance with railway officials, was related to the examinations of Assistant Loco Pilot and Assistant Station Master.
The accused include:
- S M Sharma, the then Chairman, RRB, Mumbai
- Sharma's son Vivek
- G Sethy, Senior Divisional Personnel Officer, DRM, Raipur
- A K Jagannadham, ex-Chief Executive Officer, Hassan-Mangalore Rail Development Corporation, Bangalore
- P Srinivasa Rao, Fitter, Rayanapadu Wagon Workshop, Vijayawada
- Manish Patesaria, a Mumbai-based railway contractor
- Ashim Roy, a Mumbai-based railway contractor
- Kumaraswamy Jagannadham, Deputy Statistical Officer, Municipal Corporation, Kurnool
- Srujan Jagannadham, advocate
- J Sahreen Kumar
- P Ashok Kumar
- Jagannadham Ramesh
- Jagannadham Tirupathaiah
- M R S N Murthy
- S Vijay Shankar