Islamabad, Sept 11 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister, Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani, has categorically stated that the federal government had no plan to launch a military operation in Balochistan.
"There is no such plan to launch a Swat or Malakand-like operation. That is wrong. It is for the provincial government in Balochistan to take decisions about their province," the Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying while talking to media persons at the Prime Minister's House.
He added that Interior Minister, Rehman Malik, who had already contradicted the statement, told him he did not speak about launching any such operation in Balochistan.
Declaring that the federal government was very sensitive about Balochistan, Gilani said that the approval of a special Balochistan package was reflective of the government's positive approach.
"We have also invited the nationalist leaders for talks," he added.
Earlier this week, Malik had said the government was planning to launch a large-scale operation against the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, Al Qaeda and the Lashkar-i-Jhangvi, adding that a military operation had become necessary in the province where armed groups had taken the place of political parties.
"Enough is enough. Now, the government will use force to restore peace and order in Balochistan because they (terrorists) do not understand the language of love," Malik had said during his two-day visit to Balochistan. (ANI)