The US and Canadian government agencies told that the notebook computers can overheat at the plug-in to the AC adapter, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
The affected range of models are from its T130 Satellite line-up. Earlier there were reports of minor burn injuries that did not require medical attention and two reports of minor property damage.
Toshiba claimed that the cause of over heating was a faulty DC-In harness and company had issued a BIOS update that would fix the issue. Toshiba is asking consumers to contact the company or immediately download remedial software.
Some of the affected Toshiba laptops are Satellite T135D-S1326, T135D-SP2012L, T135-SP2909R, T135D-SP2012M, T135-SP2013L, T135-SP2013M, T135D-S1322.