London, Aug 20 (ANI): Claims that Prince William is planning to tie the knot with his long-time girlfriend, Kate Middleton, in July next year have been dismissed as 'nonsense'.A German aristocrat claimed that a date for the ceremony had already been set and said guests had even been notified privately.
In an interview with Das Neue Blatt, a German magazine, Eduard Prinz von Anhalt, the Duke of Saxony, said that he understood the couple would announce their engagement in the autumn.
The 68-year-old also claimed that Middleton had issued the Prince with an ultimatum threatening to break up with him unless he married her.
However, he refused to say the exact date which, he said, is only being given to those invited.
The magazine cited speculation that the couple could opt for July 29, the date Prince William's mother, the then Lady Diana Spencer, married the Prince of Wales in 1981.
"There are obviously no more objections from the public. So the engagement is set for this autumn. The wedding is set for July," he was quoted as saying.
St James's Palace has, however, described the comments as 'nonsense and speculation,' reports the Telegraph.
A royal source added: "As far as I know he hasn't shared any information with anyone about his intentions either way, we have always made clear that there is no planning going on." (ANI)