We're ready for 3-month ceasefire, talks: Maoists

Kolkata, Aug 18: Maoists leader, Kishenji, on Tuesday, Aug 17, stated that Maoists are ready for 3-month ceasefire from both sides, government and Maoists themselves, in order to resume peace talk process.

He also informed that they have no problem if Manmohan Singh's government would appoint Railway Minister, Mamata Banerjee as the mediator between the two sides.

"The president and the prime minister, in their Independence Day speeches, have appealed to the Maoists to abjure violence. We are never for violence but the government has instigated us to take up arms," said Kishenji.

However, remembering Maoists leader Azad's consequences, Kishenji said, "When our comrade Azad was preparing ground for talks, he was treacherously killed. So, it is very clear from the activities of the government that they don't want any peace."

"But we will not declare ceasefire unilaterally unless there are some positive steps from the government," Kishenji said.

He clearly stated that unless untill PM won't withdraw the joint forces from the disturbed area and don't initiate judicial inquiry into the murder of Azad, they won't proceed for talks.

Kishenji also demanded that the Rs8,000 crore that had been sanctioned for modernization of police force and Rs60 lakh per day being spent for the anti-Naxal operation be utilized for employment and income generation schemes in underdeveloped districts of the country.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...